Monday, March 23, 2009

Naw'Lins trip! Did YOU Miss Me?

Sorry for the delay’s with the blogs folks. Had to take a few days off; I’m back though!

Just getting back from New Orleans with CP3, the Wild-Out Wake-Up Show, and 6 of our very lucky listeners. From the crawfish omelets to the crab smothered grilled chicken, the food was great. From the Hurricane’s to the blow jobs (that’s a shot people), the drinks were plentiful. Monte Ellis, Stephen Jackson, Jackie Long (Esquire from ATL; google him)-athletes and stars were plentiful.

I had a candid conversation with CP at dinner that was VERY enlightening. Here are some of the questions I asked him, and his responses:

Ty Lawson to the league? “aw man, that’s Raymond Felton. He only has one speed. “

If you could have LeBron or Kobe which one? “Kobe. LeBron’ll wanna bring the ball up the court and stuff. You go this way. You go that way. I’m cool. Kobe’ll be on the wing, just waiting. Like the All-Star game; we’ll NEVER lose to the east again”

With LBJ and Dwight Howard, ya’ll will NEVER lose to them? “Dwight’ll never be great. He plays too much. He’s good, just plays too much. He’s a kid”

What’s more important, the cash or the rings? “Both. You want the rings, but as a business man providing for my family, money is mandatory. Who’d you rather be? Charles Barkley or Bill Wittington?”

Who? “Exactly. Bill has 3 Championship rings and no one cares. Barkley has none.”

My highlight of the weekend: After CP’s stunning 32 point performance, 10 straight in the 4th and an impressive victory over the struggling Memphis Grizzlies. I told Chris I wanted his game shoes, and I’ll be damn’d if he didn’t take his shoes off and put em in my hand. The shoes aren’t even in stores. Might not be made. The prototype. And they’re at my house being fitted for their casing. On EBAY shortly!

Naht really.

Mental Note: Septmber 24-27 is the CP3 Weekend in Winston-Salem. Bowling extravaganza, parties, concerts, A Gala, Day of Service, all types of events right in Winston-Salem, NC. Mark your Calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment