Monday, March 2, 2009

DAHT's CIAA EXPERIENCE

Just like the many included in the 180,000 that descended upon the Queen City of Charlotte to spend upwards $20.5 million this weekend, I had NO CLUE who won the dang Tournament; had to do some homework. Johnson C. Smith won for the 2nd consecutive year for the Men, and the women won as well.

Why wasn’t I able to catch any of the game you ask?

Well Friday night, I finally got to the QC, after stopping halfway to get my brother J. We arrived at Slim’s spot, smoked some dranks, and drank’d some smokes, got dressed, and hit the city around 10:32 pm. Got to club Backstage off Harris Blvd, and rocked the place. I’d like to give big shouts to all the folks from Greensboro, High Point, and of COURSE the Tre4 who were in the building and showing heller love. Plies killed it though! He may’ve performed like 15 songs straight! Left there so tired, all I wanted was a bed and some z’s.

HIGHLIGHT: Plies bringing some broads on stage midway through his set because they had been sitting down the entire show. Got em to the stage and ordered them some drinks that NEVER made it to the stage. Those broads were SO mad!!! They had to stand there and dance the entire time!!!! They were SO fatigued, and for the viewer, it was HILARIOUS!

Woke up early Saturday morning, and it was time to get back to the Tre; doubleheader basketball game versus Florida A&M for kid night. The game started at 4pm and wasn’t over until 8pm. After a trip to the crib for a change of clothes, switch vehicles, and grab the ol lady it was one way back to Charlotte. I also made a quick stop in Winston to grab my brother Lhast, gas up, THEN to the City.

I finally made it to the club (Backstage) at midnight. It was ridiculous there. People were EVERYWHERE. AS I approached the front with my group of 3, (C, Lhast and Chuck) and we overhear paying customers trying to negotiate their entry price. It ended at $200 per person for the men and $100 for the women; and they were paying it NO PROBLEM! Wow.

So, I make it inside, and people are EVERYWHERE! It has to be 2000 people in this place; somebody made a million dollars. As soon as I get to the stage, they tell me they need the mic because OJ the Juiceman is about to go on. Cool. After Juice tears the club up, (who is on stage with my homie and Maury secret crush, Candy) he retreats to the VIP area, CLEARLY rolling like a stone! Sweating and smiling, taking pictures with everybody claiming he’s about to get a house in NC. Ridiculous.

Next up is Rick Ross and for some reason, as soon as I saw him, I just KEPT hearing “Officer Rickeeeeeeeeeeeey”. I said it too! You know Daht. Carla told me to chill out before one of his ignorant friend’s assault me on the strength. I told her I had a plan to get beat up, put it on youtube, and then sign to G-Unit! She ain’t think that was a good idea…..

Rick came out and did his thing. I was just wishing 50 would show up the entire time. I remember before “I’m the biggest boss” came on, he made a mention like: Somebody better tell that nigga 50 I’m the… Boss. Sleep. After getting my bread, it was time to get back to Greensboro, after dropping off Chuck and Lhast in Winston; got back in around 4:16 am Sunday morning, and I missed Church.

HIGHLIGHT: Looking at a promo picture of Ricky Ross, with the silk shirt unbuttoned, white linen pants, holding a wine glass. I looked over at C, and she was looking at the same picture. When our eyes locked we burst into IMMEDIATE laughter. It was hands down the funniest thing of the night! Had to be there.

Sorry to everyone who was expecting sports in today’s blog, but I had to give you my recap of the weekend.

What’d you do for the CIAA festivities?

No comments:

Post a Comment