Friday, February 27, 2009

LADIES Sports - CP3 - CIAA ETIQUETTE

It has come to my attention that I don’t report enough women’s athletics; well it’s because I don’t watch enough to give you a TRUE point of view. I’ll try to do better, which brings me to my first point:

DAHT’s Local Women Action:

My homie Lauren Beeson (L Beezy) plays for Guilford Tech Basketball Team in Greensboro, NC. It’s their inuagural season, and they are 20-7; best in the conference. Their conference tournament starts this weekend in Spartanburg, SC at Spartanburg Methodist. L Beezy leads the nation in free throw percentage (94.7% - 122/136) and 2nd leading scorer on the team averaging 14.5 a game, Tyshemia Tillman leads the team with 15. Their Coach, Treka McMillan will probably get Coach of the Year, Tillman and Beezy will probably get All Confernece Team tonight, with Tillman getting Player of the Year honors.

WANT TO HOOP WITH CP3?

Chris Paul is having tryouts for his CP3 All-Star team, ages 13 and under, and 14 and under. Tryouts will be this Saturday, February 27, 2009, at Gateway YWCA from 3pm to 5pm. Gateway is in downtown Winston Salem, NC, on South Main Street.

DAHT’s Good Word:

This weekend is the CIAA tournament festivities. Even when Winston Salem State was in the CIAA, I STILL never made one game. There is SO much going on in the streets that you can have a BALL at the CIAA tournament and NEVER even SEE a basketball!!! I would like to tell everyone to be safe in the QC. Lock your doors, (although someone will just bust out your back window if they REALLY wanna get in; I know). Ladies, don’t take your shoes off in the clubs this weekend, ok? Fellas, don’t get mad if she doesn’t want to talk to you, there are THOUSANDS of other women you can try to petition for sex, there’s NO reason to call her a b!tch. Don’t go spending all of your money, only to return home Monday, broke, knowing damn well, it’s RENT WEEK! Be smart this weekend people, no unprotected sex, no fighting, no perpetuating the negative stereotypes that already plague our culture!!!

If you’re looking to party with me this weekend, I’ll be at Club Backstage with Plies tonight, and Officer Rickeeeeeeeeeeeeeey on Saturday! Come through!! Charlotte isn’t really my city so I’d LOVE to see some familiar faces!!!!

Thanks for the support!

Chuuch

No comments:

Post a Comment