Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Festivities (or lack there of)

Ok, so let’s take a step away from Sports for a second. This is from the personal life of B DAHT OBAMA.

So I don’t really like Valentine’s Day. I usually celebrate it just for the cause, but not really into it. So this year, Carla says we’re not celebrating. We have things in this relationship that need to be worked on and exchanging gifts, saying how much we love one another because it’s February 14th wasn’t a priority. I respect that. And she’s right.

It also didn’t help that on Saturday we had a double header basketball game versus Howard and I had a party at Jab’s that night with Boosie; But on the flip, because there was no REQUIREMENT to do anything, it really made me want to do something even more!

So I knew she’d never been to Chop House and Friday the 13th was coming out, so I decided, we’d do something on Friday, instead of that Saturday. We went to Chop House (and they messed up my damn ribeye, and C didn’t enjoy her scallops), then we went to the late viewing of Jason (great movie; Jason is SO thorough!), then we hollered at my folk at the Renaissance for a couple drinks and some late night dancing.

On Valentine’s Day, once she woke up, she had cards from Zay and I. She was shocked. Wasn’t expecting ANYTHING! She also got a new cell phone (that she HATES! And it wasn’t really “FOR” V-Day, but purchased during that weekend, so…). We went riding around looking for a new house, and got some grub (breakfast, C’s favorite, and I HATE breakfast food). Next we went to Winston for the game.

So that was pretty much all. Then last night after the basketball game versus Hampton, I get home to the BEST surprise!

Sugar Cookies (my FAVORITE) and “Guitar Hero” for my PS3! I’ve been BEGGING for that damn game!!! That was her gift to me for V Day, even though we WEREN’T celebrating and WEREN’T buying gifts.

We still have things to work on in our relationship, but it felt good to celebrate V Day without celebrating on V Day. Maybe that’s how we’ll do every year, not celebrate on the 14th, but still acknowledge the holiday. We’re still learning how this relationship thing works; it’s all trial and error.

AND, she bought a little mailbox and there was a note inside. And we came up with the idea, whenever there’s something on our minds’, or chests’, we’ll just leave a note in the mailbox; in attempts to work on the most important thing in relationships – COMMUNICATION.

Hope you enjoyed this excerpt from my life. Comments are welcomed.

Chuuch

2 comments:

  1. awww that's sweet!! yall kinda DID celebrate Vday with the exchange of gifts on the 14th tho! LOL...contary to what everyone thinks...celebrating Vday can be just spending time together and simply saying Happy Vday...it doesn't have to be some HUGE ordeal! Glad you two enjoyed your day tho! And men probably never realize how touched we get when they think of things on their own to do for us...no matter how big or small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gay. Keep it hood baby!

    ReplyDelete