Thursday, February 12, 2009

SCOREDATE 02122009



DAHT’s take on UNC vs. dook

Tar Heels 101 – dook 87

Not shocked. Whenever Ty Lawson realizes he’s the fastest and best player on the court, attacks the basket, and goes to the free throw line, we win. PERIOD. No questions. He finished with 25 points, 21 scored in the second half. Tyler and Danny have never lost in Cameron, and Greg Paulus loses every time he steps on the court against a Tar Heel. THAT’s got to suck!

We won the first one, but I want a sweep! March 8th, in the Dean Dome, let’s do it again. Big shouts to everyone who was at the US vs. them Party: Slim, Aquilla, Dobbins, Bohss, Twan (and the Mrs.), Sho, Cole, Lhast, Graham, Q and the HATER: Carla the JayHawk.

DAHT’s take on the Jordan situation

MJ’s older sister, Deloris, has written a memoir entitled: In my Family’s Shadow. She accuses their father James of rape, and explains the hardships of growing up in the Jordan house. I have a couple excerpts for you:

Ending 8 years after it first began and 5 years after losing my virginity to my father, it scares me to think how much longer the abuse would have went on had I not spit out the dreadful truth to my mother during one of our many heated arguments. Disagreements that were sometimes anything but pleasant and often featured no indication of love between the two of us.

So as she ranted and raved about how no slutty daughter of hers better get pregnant and bring any bastard children into her house. I finally heard myself saying: “If I’m so much of a slut, why don’t you keep your husband out of my bed?”

The memory of my father whispering in my ear during the wee hours of the night about the beauty of my body has played over and over in my head for many years. And as if that has not been incapacitating enough by itself, having to comprehend the fact that more often than not, he had just gotten out of the bed he shared with my mother to find his way to my bedroom has just added to the realization of the painful situation.


Wow. Now it has come to my attention, that she brought this situation to light after the death of her father in July, 2003, but has just put it into script. MJ told her not to tell or he’d disown her AND her kids (his nieces and nephews), and hasn’t spoken to them in over a decade.

If that IS true, is MJ wrong?

I mean some stuff you don’t need to have all in the media. What did she gain by telling the world her deceased father molest her? If her angle is to be an advocate for young girls this happens to EVERY DAY in this country, then OK. But if it was notoriety, fame, money, or from what I hear, just out of spite for the families reaction to her, then I rides with MJ. That could’ve been kept at a psychiatrist if you needed some help with the situation; telling the media doesn’t aid in any of that.

Chuuch

2 comments:

  1. I ride for the sista. I applaud her for her courage....it's hard to admit such an act to yourself let alone the world. What bothers me is that celebs get a pass for their skeletons, Mike should support his sister and try to understand that the actions of THEIR Father has seriously changed the life path of his sister. That family is broken and needs intervention or the bad blood will affect every other aspect of the Jordan legacy.... DJ Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think MJ is wrong in this all the way. To begin with, this is an issue that Deloris is dealing with even today, after the death of her father. I am a man, and I can't even say that I understand where she is coming from cause I've never been in that situation. I can only imagine how she feels because if that were to happen to my little girl, I would be in the Guilford Co stripe suit. So Mike, chill out. Let you sis vent and get this off of her chest. Some good may come from all of this. She may touch another little girl going through the same situation. It's amazing how these stars are such assholes.. If that were my sis, I would support her and be understanding.

    ReplyDelete