Wednesday, February 11, 2009

US vs. them! It doesn't get much better than this!



DAHT's take on US vs. them.

(3) UNC vs. (6) dook

Can you feel it? You’ve gotta feel the goose bumps on the back of your neck. You gotta remember McCants and Felton fumbling the ball in the corner and not getting a shot off. You gotta remember Stackhouses’ reverse PUNCH! The halfcourt shot by Jeff Capel that secured the victory for the Heels. Remember Wojo slapping the court? (I can’t front, that gets me HYPE!) Remember Gerald Henderson and the dirty play against Tyler last year?

You gotta remember players like: Rasheed Wallace, Phil Ford, Jerry Stackhouse, Ed Cota, Vince Carter, MJ, Ray Felton, Sam Perkins, James Worthy, Antawn Jamison, George Lynch, Rashad McCants, Jeff McInnis, Julius Peppers, JR Reid (doesn’t incude Tyler OR Ty Lawson) Grant Hill, Christian Laettner, Shane Battier, Elton Brand, Danny Ferry, JJ Redick, Chris Duhon, Sheldon Williams and Jason Williams.

TARHEELS vs. bloo devils!!! It doesn’t get much more exciting than that in the college arena of sports. As I gaze upon those names, it does bother me that we don’t have more championships! We DO lead this series 128-97; winning the last contest.

Tonight’s game is simple; whichever team executes its style of basketball more effectively will win. dook is a fundamental, defensively minded team that thrives from the 3-pt shot. The Tarheels are a team that is very offensive minded and is dominant when they don’t have many turnover’s. I need Wayne to continue his hotness (averaging 20points a game), I also need Ty Lawson to bring that less than 2 assists per game, game. I want Danny Green to step it up and also Psycho T. If we can establish an inside and outside game, we’ll win CONVINCINGLY; if we can only establish one dimension, it’ll be a tougher contest. Either way, I’m picking my boys to win. We’re more talented, more athletic, and SHOULD be more hungry!

I will be having my very VIP “US vs. them” Party tonight in an undisclosed location. There are ONLY TRUE TARHEEL and dook fans invited. I think the list consists of 11 people. I’ll try to get some pictures during the course of the night and have them for the blog tomorrow. If you weren’t invited, my apologies, but we’ll be together in spirit!! GO HEELS!!!

TARHEEL weak links: Deon Thompson, Bobby Frasor and Defense.

dook weak links: PG position, Jon Scheyer, and Inside Game.

DAHT's take on NFL

It is rumored that Brett Favre will retire from the Jets today. Again. Another retirement. I REALLY hope this is his last hoorah! Time's up on the ageless wonder known as Brett Favre. It's been real.

1 comment:

  1. look like the UNC Heels has been on tha Chico Metrics work out that a way too win boys and shout out too nc state lmao acc is ours baby our center shoot 3's!!!! man we did it we crushed them i knew it was going too happen did you see how we came back and i called it i said we was going too win by ten I felt it in the air i almost jumped through tha tv man i was in my room shooting like i was out there and the fans ohhhhhh the fans they was still cheering lmao now they come too our house baby one name Bobby Freezy fo sheezy lmao he ate that ass up

    ReplyDelete