Wednesday, January 28, 2009

01282009

Sorry for the delay folks! Here goes –

DAHT’s take on the WSSU’s Women’s Team:

R. RECTOR: Where’s your swag mama? I hear you’re one of the most prolific players that’s ever been in the Winston Salem high school circuit. I want to see it. It’s like your confidence is shot. I SEE the potential, but it’s like, when you’re on the court, you don’t wanna make ANY mistakes because you feel like you’re on a yo-yo. Shoot mama. Shoot. Shoot. SHOOT! I see when you miss a three pointer, you get SO frustrated. Don’t. Let it come to you. I’d suggest in the gym shooting 300 3’s a day! Why not?

V. WOODS – 24 and 18 the other night. Great showing. I love your game girlie. As soon as we get some size to compliment you, we can move you to the 4 and you can REALLY get off!!!

C. BRADFORD – I got love for all of our lady rams, but Corb’s my favorite. I got a chance to see her hoop a game in high school and was very impressed. I want you to get your swag back too! Don’t let Coach steal your game. I can see the lack of confidence in your game when you’re out there (because whenever there’s a mistake, turnover or missed shot, you immediately look to the bench), so I KNOW the opposition can see it too, ya know? Attack the basket, and MAKE YOUR LAY-UPS!!! Keep shooting!

P. HARRELL – Enjoying your game, your swag, and your leadership on the court. I hear people whispering, saying “she never shoots”. Cool. You don’t have to. You’re one hell of a PG with some kick ass vision; keep going hard.
M. Bumpus – At first sight, I thought you were just a ball hogging, shoot every time you get the ball, Freshman. I was wrong. You got game lil mama. EVERY TIME you shoot, I REALLY believe the ball’s going in. You showed just how clutch you were against Norfolk State. A bandage on your chin from a collision at mid court(similar to the one that has Kee resting a couple games) and you’re still hitting clutch free throws and jumping right in the mix of inbound passes to get fouled? Awesome. Can’t wait to see what the future holds for you lil homie!

K. WORTHY –Missing 2 clutch free throws and a blatant turn over to a winless Norfolk team is unacceptable. I see the brace, and I know you’re not 100%, but I just expect so much from you mama. I expect the ball in your hands in the clutch. You at the free throw line hitting clutch ft’s, not Bumpus. YOU! YOU! YOU! I was expecting this to be YOU’RE team this year! You’re the last one. Of the Richae’s, and Sholanda’s, and Tonkins’, YOU’RE the last one! And you owe em more than you’ve been giving.

COACH STOKES – First off, I’m NO COACH. Couldn’t do it, and applaud anyone who puts on those shoes, BUT, I don’t know what the problem is. Is it size? Is it lack of discipline? Do the players feel if they make one mistake (missed shot, turnover, etc.) their butts will be on the bench NEXT dead ball? If not, why do players IMMEDIATELY look to the bench when there is a mess up? Why doesn’t it appear our girls get so flustered when they are pressed, and OUR press is broken SO easily? How often do the girls have a grueling practice for 2 or 3 hours with NO BALL? How many free throws do the ladies have to shoot EACH practice?

I know it must be difficult to recruit, when they can’t compete for a Championship, but I remember an ENTIRE team being cut (and the only person staying is Worthy) and I haven’t seen that move produce MORE wins. I do believe we have some talented ladies, but they seem to be holding back. Why? Let em play Coach! Let em get they Swagger back, I mean, what’s the worst that can happen? We lose?

Ok. So digest that, and I’m working on the Men’s team. Don’t think I’ll have as much positive to say about the fellas though! PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!! And you can leave em anonymously.

Chuuch

6 comments:

  1. I'm just a Facebook friend that dropped in and I didn't go to WSSU, but its obvious that you love your team, both women and men. I think your points come from a good place and were constructive. Its all about getting better and sometimes it helps to hear what other folks are seeing. Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I had this team oh my baby it would be great where talking gud kids here my team Porsche Harrell Jillian Charlet MaLisa Bumpus Quintoya Mobley Rene Rector Keoshia Worthy Vontisha Woods OHHHHHHH MY BABY NOW WE ARE LOOKIN AT WELL OVER 500 HOW WOULD I DO THIS LINE up My pg where talkin Keoshia Worthy folks oh my her vision is like a eagle on tha court she looks for her shooters and dont force shots she is tha maverick of tha team I would let her shoot more from tha three she a leader baby~!~! my sg oh my we are talkin bout MaLisa Bumpus here folks oh my she can look for the hoop she is not a pg she is a sg oh my pop V out on a screen for her she will find the shots she gud when she takes smart shots and plays team ball thats why she is on the Brock B Dream Team Baby my Three where talk rotating Rene Rector and Porsche Harrell for when i want a running team and big man ill play Quintoya Mobley baby oh my baby she is a diamond in the ruff oh my baby her work ethic is boo koo crazy where talkin a big woman quick on her feet and gud D also and Diper dandy baby PTP er baby~!~! and Rene rector oh my baby she is on tha wing and her and MaLisa getting the green light oh my baby where talking 500 baby~!~!~! and Porsche coming in for Rene and MaLisa oh my where talkin Porsche H here folks never seen quicker feet and if you look close she looks at tha ball not feet she going too be awesome baby my PF oh my where talking miss Mobley again folks im telling you if you havnt seen this kidd you need too and Jillian rotating with QT why you ask? oh my baby where talking a white Sheed Wallace slash Oneal here baby she cant dribble but its ok put her outside and watch tha fire works show oh my baby where talking a big and slash small man team that will shoot you out tha gym i run track so her foot work will be awesome and in the end she will be like yow ming folks oh baby im sweating over here baby all she need is a gym and im working with her one on one if she gets fouled she is like a big MaLisa here oh my baby call here a 9mm cause Jillian is automatic here baby and last but not least oh my baby where talking KG material here baby oh my Vontisha Woods she can do it all free throws inside outside oh my baby wat cant she do oh my she is D1 ready she is a mini Shalonda Cater wit a outside touch she doesn't need any work accept for her handles oh my she gets that and weight oh my where talking WNBA bound baby~!~!~!~! she is one of the best in the meac baby tell me i wont see 500 you a damn lie and my D oh my where talk man here half court press and wit a team like a&t where in box and one oh my folks nuff said and my coaches me Brock Bynum shay Harris and Mr Hammond oh my coach Stokes give me your team ill turn em around baby ohhhhhhh my where talk 3rd or second place here in the meac baby and im not even a b ball coach~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. man daht... u be on point like ya boy cp3 for real when it comes to ya analytical take on the game....

    i came into state in 2003 and i watched Fossy, and Nik E and Tonk and the rest of the girls do their thang...

    we didnt smash like we should have back then but we played and the girls went hard... we need a person that aint scared to play like ai (Kadina Baldwin) and get knocked to the floor... we need and S. Carter that will grab a rebound, scream to the top of her lungs and get the adrenaline pumpin for the rest of the girls... we need that fire back

    i aint gonna lie, ever since they chopped ole coach and the new one came in and cut all the regulars, i kinda stopped following the team because like u said, the move hasnt really produced any more productivity than what we already had... but i am a ram and i wanna cheer for my fellow rams...

    maybe the coach does have em shook that if they mess up, its pine time, and not in a good way... but she should really let em play...

    if u can sense the fear, the fans can sense the fear, im pretty sure that the opposin team can see it as soon as it appears....

    go hard and play every game like u aint got another one...

    imma keep rockin wit em, just like the old lady who use to be at every athletic event state held, but it sure is hard when there isnt much to cheer for....

    but remember, we cant put all the fault in the hands of the players... they can only roam as far as their leashes allow them...

    keep doing ya thang mr. b daht obama and we will continue to rock witchu!

    ouT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Tracy!

    Brockie V, you're hilarious.

    "Anonymous" - I like your points. We do need someone to scream and beat their chest every once in a while. just to show some aggression. We appear timid at times.

    Thanks for the comments!! KEEP EM COMING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know i had too hold it down where talking Awesome wit as capital A baby

    ReplyDelete
  6. nah the only things thats gonna help those girls are going out to play with some boys. THOSE NINJAS SUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete