Monday, January 12, 2009

SCOREDATE-01122009

DAHT’s take on #3 UNC vs. #4 WF

What an experience!! The proverbial wolf in sheep clothing comes to life in the Lawrence Joel Coliseum. There I stood, amongst 14,714 people, the largest crowd to watch a game in the Joel. With 90% of the arena screaming for Wake Forest, I was standing in the Screamin’ Deacon section, wearing green, with my insides going BANANAS holding back my cheers for the Boys. They lost. My Tarheels I mean. 82-79 to a more athletic, better, Wake Forest team. But there was so much I took from the game, I couldn’t be but SO upset.

I don’t know if it was the tie dye nation surrounding me. The guy with the yellow blazer and black top hat who had honed his raft of screeching loud as ever when there was just a fraction of silence before one of the Tarheels would take a free throw shot. (he was pretty good too, I think we shot 50% or less when he did that) Or maybe it was Dino in a tie dye shirt sitting directly across from me. Might’ve been the little girl who looked like a Dr. Seuss character, who asked if I was into face paint, as if offering me heroin. Could’ve been the undercover TarHeel fan who had on a tie dye shirt over his UNC jersey; who, once outed by the student section, was stripped of his jersey AND seat in the section! Forcing him to view from the nose bleeds section. Damn. Maybe it was the adrenaline pumping thru my veins trying to hide the fact that I wanted the Tarheels to win more than anything. Maybe it was the creative signs I saw: The one of Tyler’s mom that said MILF, or the one that read “Ty Lawson always drives to the basket (under the influence)", or the Farouq U sign (which paid tribute to the Freshman Al Farouq Aminu). Good job Wake fans. But something had me rushing the court as the horn sounded and the undefeated Demon Deacons beat my Tarheels. Although my middle finger was sky high, and I was screaming “bleep” Whack Forest, I was still there. Amongst 1500 sum odd musty students who had given everything they had to ensure a victory in Winston-Salem. That's when i realized: Damn. My Tarheels lost.

Wake was just better. More energy and better play. Big shouts to Harvey Hale, Sunshine and Tiffany. I had a ball in that section and I am now a Wake fan, second. I’ll be there on January 28th. Again in the Screamin Deacon section. This time with face paint, a tie dye shirt, and heller energy to give to ensure another win in the Joel against a team from the 919!

DAHT’s take on #WHATEVER UNC

Disgusted. The boys are soft man. No heart. And what’s even worst, with a team like this, we have no clue who we want to take the shot at the end of a game. To the point where Tyler thinks he should take 3’s under 10 seconds in a game when he’s open. Hey STUPID. You’re open because they know you’re NOT going to shoot it! Now you’re forcing 3’s Tyler? I had accepted you forcing shots in the paint, don’t like it, but had accepted it. Now you’re taking shots out of Waynes hands!?

As if he’ll hit em.

Ya’ll promised me Wayne was going to be one of the most prolific scorers in UNC history. When? Flopped against Georgetown. Floped against Kansas, and no, he didn’t stand alone, but still. Only had one game Heel fans remember, Clemson. And theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen??? NO and then! Will Graves takes TOO many shots. Be more aggressive on the defensive end man! Then things will work out better on your offense. And quit taking them eratic flops!! MAN UP WILLIE! Deon Thompson, kill it with the reverse layups and dunk the damn ball man. Really. Danny has been one of the more consistent of our guys. He had a slump for a couple of games, but he’s still My Guy.

Our young boys will be ok; a lot of promise, and I really like em; especially Drew II. I really miss Ty Zeller. And I’m nearing my rope of believing in Bobby Frasor. I believe we’ll lose at least 2 more contests in the ACC. We’ll probably split with Duke, and a loss to Clemson. Hopefully we’ll be ready come ACC tournament time.

Chuuch

1 comment:

  1. Man, this blog was a great detailed account of what you experienced last night, allowing us readers to put ourselves right there in the lawrence joel...GREAT!!! You really give the reader descriptive imagery so that as we read we see it in our minds. I saw everything you spoke about, and I can only imagine how you felt to be there, bittersweet I imagine...I watched the game, and it was intense at times, but I agree I didn't see any cohesiveness among the Tarheels...you already know how I feel about Tyler Duncan-Manning, he's odd/slow but whatever...nevertheless great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete