Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SCOREDATE-01072009


What’s happening? I appreciate all the people who take time out of their lives to check out my blogs and leave comments!

The name’s Markis V. Pattin, known to about a million people or more as B DAHT. I do morning radio in North Carolina, 102 Jamz. Due to the syndication and down sizing of the market, we are one of the ONLY local morning shows in the state. I deliver the funny on the show and I’m also responsible for the sports. I have entitled that segment of the show “Thee Score” and I just give the news and my take on different matters that are important to me and I think my audience would like to hear and dialogue about. Although I was never a stellar athlete, and many of my middle school and high school teammates can attest to that, I was always around sports; riding the bench for every one of em, with a fair amount of mop up minutes at the end of contests. I love the competition and the conversation sports bring, and I hope you share a passion as well.
Yesterday, after getting off of work, I did what I normally do; stripped down to my relax clothes and cut on ESPN to check out First Take. As a guest to debate Skip Bayless on 1st and 10 was not soft looking Jamal Anderson or Mr Kordell “caught in the act giving bj’s” Stewart, but my FAVORITE rapper: Lil Wayne. I was ecstatic; only to be disappointed by the lack of confidence displayed by my usually SUPER CONFIDENT rapper aka “The Best Rapper Alive Since the Best Rapper Retired”. Maybe it was because he was sober, or maybe because he had those silly glasses on, or maybe it was Skip being so star struck that he couldn’t debate like he usually does, or maybe we couldn’t see Wayne’s NON sober entourage off camera telling Skip he’d better not embarrass “The Best..”. WHATEVER it was, I was NOT impressed; although it DID show that the little homie DOES watch and know his sports. The thing that caught me was them saying Wayne wrote a blog for ESPN; so I did my homework, and he does!!
So THAT’S when I decided it was LONG overdue having my OWN blog! Hopefully ESPN will get wind of it and I can write for them one day then I can debate Skip!!
Again thanks for checking out the blog, and PLEASE leave comments! I love dialogue! Be blessed. Chuuch.

DAHT’s take on NFL


Personally I’m a St. Louis Rams fan; we’ve had a total of 5 wins in 2 seasons and that is very depressing. At the beginning of the season I was a free agent looking for another team to be a fan of, but I stayed with the home team. When I was young I was a San Francisco fan, but when my home city FINALLY got a team back, I was DOWN! Yes, we suck. So, what? Because I now live in NC I should realistically be a Panther fan 2nd, but deep down, I just LOVE the Cowboy’s. (I think it’s something about that star!) --BYE BYE PAC-MAN! What did you do in Tennessee??--And I don’t like or trust Jake Delhomme. I really believe he WANTS to make dumb decisions and his teammates continue to bail him out. I don’t like the Panthers because they never make good decisions. The worst decision EVER was taking (RB) Biakabituka from Michigan over, then Heisman, Eddie George from Ohio State and those erratic decisions continue to plague the Panthers even to recent years when they allowed the Saints to land one of the best quarterbacks of our era, in Drew Brees. You know he threw for like, 5000 yards this season? Could you imagine him as a Panther? Right.


I will let you know you I have in the Super Bowl. Eagles/Ravens. T-Shirts will read “This Super Bowl’s for the Birds!” And I think Ray Lewis, or “The Criminale” (it’s French for criminal, not really but sorta) as we like to call him, and “Big Play” Ed Reed and them boys are going to win it. Although I would like for my homie William “Big Plays” Hayes, DE for the Tennessee Titans to bring the Lombardi Trophy back to NC, I don’t think it’ll happen THIS year. I don’t think they’ve played competitive football REALLY since clinching their division and the Ravens have been playing high octane, playoff football for the past 5 weeks. You can’t just turn that stuff on and off; momentum and energy and cohesiveness I mean. Which is similar to why I pick the Eagles. That and the fact Donovan has a chip on his shoulder the size OF Philadelphia! And if they DO meet in the Super Bowl, if you remember, last time the two teams faced each other Baltimore beat the SNOT out of Philly; might give Donovan an edge. Hmm… thinking about changing my pick.. Nah, Ravens.

THIS JUST IN! Eric Mangini will be the new head coach of the Browns? First Romeo THEN Mangini (aka Man-Genius)? Just keep tying out the Baby Bilichek's, huh? At some point we're just going to HAVE to acknowledge that Bilichek is one of the best, most homely looking coaches of ALL-TIME! Does he cheat? Who knows. WHO CARES! He wins! And all those little coaches dip'd to be head coaches else where and who is still collecting 11-win seasons with backup quarterbacks? Bilichek. I hate Boston. They plague me. Their Patriots beat my Rams in the Super Bowl. Their Red Sox beat my Cardinals in the World Series. Boston College just upset my Tarheels (and mind you, are about to lose to freaking HARVARD). I hate Boston.

DAHT’s take on NBA

I will admit I haven’t been watching much NBA. I saw the Celtics lose to LA and ever since it seems every time I see a score from their game scroll across the bottom, they’ve taken another loss. They lost to the Bobcats last night! No, seriously! The BOBCATS! I do remember seeing my Magic demolish my homie CP3 and his New Orleans Hornets. I’ve seen a couple other contests, but those are the ones that stand out as I sit here now. I remember seeing the Hawks/Celtics game… gonna enjoy seeing that in the playoffs. At the end of the day though, I don’t think there is anyone who can beat Kobe this year. Even though they lost last night to the Hornets, I think in 7 games they’ll beat anyone on the West. That’ll set up a rematch like last year, and I think Kobe wins this year…. Setting up part III next year! We’re getting our very own Bird/Magic, Celtic/Lakers rivalry jack! The ones I remember the ol heads talking about in the barber shops on Saturdays. ‘You see Magic last night jack? That Larry Bird is something else, slick!’ Izayah’ll be hearing me say the same things! ‘You see Kobe last night pimp? That Paul Pierce is the TRUTH homes!’

I would like to say BIG SHOUTS to CP3, of the New Orleans Hornets; that IS if the rumors are true about you having a child on the way with high school sweetheart Miss Jada Crawley. Chris Paul has come a long way man! Never in a million years when I watched that clip of: him punching Julius Hodge in the nuts and dipping behind a double-screen during that Wake Forest/NC State game, did I EVER think he’d be a future Hall of Famer; which is exactly what he is. He’s the Chosen One. Boyish good looks, the smile of a child, 0 tattoo’s, I wonder will having a child out of wedlock damper any of that? I mean, that’s what happened to Mike. Yeah, Jordan. Once he got ol’ Juanita preggo, he had to leggo his eggo if “ya nahm tahknn bout?!” He HAD to remain the Golden Boy. You can’t be running around with White America loving you and you just knocking up ya girlfriend…. Can you? Mike didn’t think so. So this might mean we’ll be reporting CP3 will be getting married soon! Maybe I’ll give CP a call and find out…

And note to LeBron: you walked. Get over it. Most times Superstars get away with it; we know. But just because you wear 23, it doesn’t make you His Heirness. Win a couple rings and we’ll talk about it, k?

5 comments:

  1. Yah...great blog! I will definitely be tuning in on the daily because I'm sure I will be in for some laughs. I don't give a damn about sports but I love laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to let everyone know, I wrote this blog. I'm Daht's ghostwriter, for his jokes, sports, EVERYTHING!!! Just kidding!!! You did your THANG on this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. man u need to sum this up!!! My eyes hurt and i got a headache from so much reading!

    Good ish tho. Still waiting for u at 100Stax.com

    Let's Get IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got them Eagles as your Super Bowl pick, but you being a Cowboys fan is just disgraceful.
    But, Michael Vick may get signed there since Jerry Jones loves to take troubled people, as well as convicts(no disrespect to Mike Vick; i just hate the Cowboys).

    And three steps is clearly a walk. I never heard of a crab dribble until Lebron said it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog dawgnutz! I'm almost ready to admit i actually kmow you. Not to mention, those loser a$$ teams you were talking about(Cowboys and Rams) will both be sitting at home watching my superbowl caliber quarterback take the field this weekend so....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Clownboys BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    once again, nice blog

    ReplyDelete