Saturday, January 10, 2009

SCOREDATE-01102009

I’m sure my female audience will enjoy today’s blog! And ladies, know this, sports can bring up all types of interesting conversations; and just a basic knowledge of certain sports MIGHT spice up the house life!



DAHT’s take on KING JAMES

LBJ must’ve read my initial post! Sources at mediatakeout.com report, that King James may’ve popped the question to long-time girlfriend Savannah Brinson. He’s purchased a 23-carat flawless diamond ring. 23 CARATS!? (Price ranges from $800,000 - $1.2 mil! Yeah, I did a little homework.) Well, he’s knocked Miss Savannah up twice, so you know King James has to have a Queen; not concubines. Thing is, birdie told ME that ol Bronni’s got a thing for pink toes. Blondies. Can I say that?

And you ask why D Wade had his recent split. THIS is the pressure! NBA wives HAVE to be fly! Need proof? Google: wives of Caron Butler, Tony Parker, Jerry Stackhouse, Kobe Bryant, Tyson Chandler, Steve Nash, Vince Carter, Shawn Marion, Jason Kidd (well, his ex), even Jared Jeffries! Too much pressure on D Wade; so exit grade school sweetheart Siovaughn, enter Gabrielle “jump-off” Union. Professional ball player’s have it SO HARD. Right.

King James is having one hell of a year though! He’s an MVP frontrunner, 19-0 at home after dropping 38 points on the Celtice last night, averaging just under 28ppg and a little over 6rpg. Maybe this is the year he can put a ring on HIS finger and his 13 teammates too. Don’t think it’ll be 23-carats though; but then again, this is KING JAMES.

DAHT’s take on BALTIMORE at TENNESSEE

Last time the two teams faced each other, TEN won, 13-10. At QB, I give the edge to TEN and Kerry Collins, due to experience and I don’t think he’ll make eratic decisions. I also give the RB edge to the Titans. I tend to like Dash more than Smash, but the 2 are more effective than Willis McGahee. I also give the edge at WR to TEN. Gage is a big receiver who stretches the field well, and is a big target on 3rd downs. I give the Defensive edge to the Ravens though. Reed, Lewis, Suggs, Rolle I just feel will be more dominant than Haynesworth, Kearse, Bullock and Vandenbosch; call me crazy.

The X-Factor will be the special teams play of Kansas State’s Yamon Figures. He’ll get great field position, putting the Ravens in FG range numerous times. Once the score is around 12-0 Ravens, and Running isn’t an option for the Titans, That relentless Ravens defense will smell blood and put too much pressure on Kerry Collins’ old bones. Ravens in a blowout: 24-7. I really hope my homie William “Big Plays” Hayes (Titans, DE) doesn’t read THIS post!

DAHT’s take on CARDINALS at PANTHERS

Last time these two teams faced each other, Panthers won 27-23. At QB, edge goes to the Super Bowl winning, MVP, future Hall of Famer, Kurt Warner. I did promise my folk 50T that I would watch Jake Delhomme tonight. If he performs well, I’ll decrease my Jake bashing; but if he plays the caliber that I’m used to (horrible) then I shall stay the same in verbal abuse an onslaughts of Jake “daylight come and I’d wish he’d “ Go homme. At RB, edge goes to Carolina’s version of Smash and Dash, “Identity and Theft”. Damn near 2 1000 yard rushers on the same team, and one of em with 20 TD’s? Gotta roll with that. At WR, I give the edge to the Panthers with Smitty and Muhsin (which was a great off-season acquisition). Jake knows he can just throw the ball in the air, and Smitty’s gonna catch that jahnt! Arizona’s not 100% with Boldin nursing that hamstring, and that depletes the Cardinals air attack. Defensively I give the edge to the Panthers too. Ju Pepp and the Beast, Jon Beason will prove to be too much on that eerily invisible rushing attack owned by the Cardinals; when they depend on the air attack, with that broken wing which is Boldin, Chris Harris and the boys in that Panther secondary should have a field day.

The scary thing is EVERYONE is picking the Panthers. The Cardinals ARE grown men as well, and they watch tv. They hear the media. They know they’re 0-5 on the east coast and they know Carolina is undefeated at home. Edgerin James hears they don’t have a running attack. They’ll bring a lot of pride and energy into Bank of America Stadium, and keep it close for 3 quarters, but you can’t stop the inevitable. Panthers, in a close on, 32-21.

Time for me to get my boneless wings. ROLL UP… in a blanket… And check out some playoff football!

Chuuch

1 comment:

  1. finally learned how to do this ! i really like the piece on KING JAMES. D wade def had to step his game up up ha! tell meridith i will still give him the business

    ReplyDelete