Thursday, January 8, 2009

SCOREDATE-01082009

First off, thanks for the comments and the followers! Cool stuff! Tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend to come check out Daht’s Blog!!! MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE COMMENTS! And you can send questions to be discussed on the air to my email – threescore@yahoo.com
The theme will ALWAYS be sports related, because that’s my love; but you’ll also get a look into the life of B Daht, for example:

DAHT’s Family Dilly

First off yesterday was the scheduled first day of basketball practice for my 2 ½ year old son, Izayah. (You’ll be hearing a lot about that guy. He’s the joy of my life! The apple of my eye. The sugar in my grits. Man!) They couldn’t practice because they are still working on the gym remodeling but he was able to pick out a jersey number: 2! My crew, GP, and I are SERIOUS about our numbers man! My number is 11. Always been my favorite number; on a jersey, it makes me feel like I’m standing tall. My birthday is 9-11 so that helps. So EVERYTHING is 11! I’ll call you in 11 minutes, about 11 miles up the road, etc. My brother Bohss is 32, Lhast is 13, Whompus is 19, Hort is 16 and Bleu is 23. Even my lady decided to get in on the action, she’s 1. her birthday’s the 1st so that’s her thing. Zay’s born on the 2nd and he was the 2nd child to be born into GP, so he’s 2! Deuce even. As I think about him playing sports, I pray that he’s more athletic than his Daddy. I want him to have my hustle, work ethic, but actually have SKILLS to go along with it. I think because we’re getting him started so early, it’ll help. I was first introduced to sports at the age of 12; he’s being introduced at 2, in 10 years he’ll be a beast! And all of his brothers are fairly athletic, at least were in their primes. Bohss was the 2nd leading scorer in the nation in college at one point in his life, Bleu BayB played in his high school football Championship, Whompus was a star Defensive LB, Lhast was Rookie of the Year in tennis in college, and Horton set records in HS at the QB position for the city of Chapel Hill. And hey, I was one hell of an intramural coach in my day; football AND basketball! That’s embarrassing…ok, forget I said that. ANYWAYS… Just said all that to say, I’m SO excited regarding the athletic future of my little beast: Izayah Mac.

DAHT’s Disgusting News of the Day

WNBA star Candace Parker had one hell of a 2008: 2nd NCAA Championship, #1 pick in WNBA draft, Rookie of the Year, MVP of the WNBA, AP Female Player of the Year, and an Olympic Gold Medal. 2009: she’s reproduced with her gruesome looking husband (yeah I said it! Google him!) Sheldon Williams of the Sacramento Kings, the ex Duke Star, and should be expecting this Spring. I did vomit. Am I wrong? It’s not FAIR! (Insert TO crying here) I mean enough is enough. Jay Z and Beyonce. Janet and Jermaine but at LEAST they ain’t REPRODUCING!!! Some species should just be singular, one of, and the Sheldon Williams Species should DEFINITELY be a “one hit wonder” if “ya nahm tahkn bout?!”

And another thing, this is just another reason why women’s sports will NEVER reach the heights of male sports! Sound sexist? When your team loses it’s MVP, Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year, think they may hurt a little bit this season? Uh, yeah! Don’t have to worry about Kobe taking 9 months off to be laid up preggo. And is there a clause in the contracts that say if you DO get pregnant and have to miss 75% of a damn season you still get paid? Ridiculous. So, not only is there NO above the rim action in the female game BUT, I could have the best player on our team get pregnant and derail our entire season?! (If I was a fan and actually cared about the WNBA) Night night WNBA stock, no deal.

DAHT’s take on Bowl Game tonight:

Tim Tebow. Enough said. You know God wanted to create the Earth in 10 days but Tim Tebow gave him 6?! Did you know when Batman’s in trouble he turns on the Tim Tebow Signal?! True Story.

Since this one is up so early, I may have to post another one today!

7 comments:

  1. what a great dad you are! an athletically inclined ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daht! I am a fan of the WNBA and you straight dogged the league. I mean the ladies have to have a family too: Cynthia Cooper and Dawn Staley did it! And they both came back and played and Staley coached too! I dont understand, should she put her life on hold for her career?? Obviously she must have signed a 4 or more year contract with the team or something to get pregnant! I mean I must agree to a certain extent, at this point her her career "bad decision." Look at her credentials...she makin money from somewhere and you and I both know someone HAS to be sponsoring her (another contract). So...yes... Daht I was offended by your sexist comment! Lol! But Sheldon is quite the CREATURE! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACH TI- not worried about getting jumped! LOVE the controversy!!!
    Laricey - LOVE YOU! and i AM athletically DECLINED. sad!

    Miss B - Like i already told you, Lisa Leslie did it too, and won a championship, due to the skills of the aforementioned hooper. And although I don't like Candace Parker, I STILL respect her game AND acknowledge she's the best woman hooper since Cheryl Miller...she just shouldn't have won that dunk contest. For that, I will NEVER like her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how #32 was 2nd in the nation in scoring.. All that damn basket hanging.. No hating though all love (no homo).. That's my dude... LOL

    I am feeling the blog man.. Keep up the good work!!

    Oh yeah... LETS GO DUKE
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I'm clearly going to have to learn some more about sports because I have no idea who most of the people you are talking about are.

    Concerning the whole pregnancy thing....this is probably why women make less money then men in almost every industry and it is some Bull SH*T!

    OH and you need to become a follower of MY blog, thanks!

    ReplyDelete