Thursday, January 29, 2009

01292009 - WSSU MEN's BASKETBALL

First off! BIG SHOUTS TO MY TARHEELS!!! One heck of a win last night, and uh, Bloo Devils, one heck of a loss; sucks to be a Dookie, doesn’t it?

DAHT’s take on WSSU Men’s basketball team:

I TUCKER – You’re the General man! Act like it. You know we cool, but this has nothing to do with that. Quit forcing passes and being heavy on the turnovers. A bounce pass will ignite the crowd just as much as an alley-oop as long as it’s an ASSIST! (Meaning, let’s get some points). You know I love your aggressiveness, love the way you attack the basket, but I DON’T love the turnovers, or the erratic 3’s at times. Save the alley’s to the second half when we’ve built up momentum; as a matter of fact, save em for the second half of the SEASON when we get some wins! I will say, I don’t know why you ain’t play ANY in the second half against Norfolk State; maybe Coach is sick of the TO’s too.

J DURHAM – Sorry your senior year as to take this ride. I do love the way your game has evolved. You have a mid range jump shot, and a 3 – ball! (both could use more consistency) I would suggest staying on the weights, getting some consistency in that jump shot, and killing em at the workouts! You can DEFINITELY play at the next level; If not in the states, DEFINITELY over seas for a year or two to hone your skills. You're definitely the focus of this team, and can't wait to see you hoop profesionally! Maybe you could go to Japan and hoop with Wonge!!! That'd be hot!

B. FISHER – You’re the truth man! You attack the basket. Kill at the free throw line. Great mid range. 3 ball. I would suggest you stop fading away so much on the 3’s and they’d fall more consistently. Sometimes when you’re really feeling it, you’ll start to fade away. Stop it. Definitely enjoy watching you homie!

D. GIBSON – Didn’t really know what to expect from you man, but, you’re definitely an asset to our squad! Very tenacious player, and with you and Fish in the backcourt, we can put up a LOT of points.

P. DAVIS – I’m disappointed Diddy. I mean, I gave you a nickname for God’s sake. I see SO much potential! First off, you need a Kyle Singler offseason; 15 pounds of muscle. I need you to CATCH THE DAMN BALL!!! It’s pointless for Tuck, or Gib to attack the basket and dish to you when 9/10 times you’re NOT paying attention, or you just fumble the ball out of bounds. To only score 4 points against A&T on like 2-7 shooting (3 of those misses, AIRBALLS right under the basket) is UN-AC-CEPTABLE!!! You’re the biggest, well TALLEST, guy on the court most of the time. Quit complaining about not getting calls and DOMINATE! You’re PAUL DAVIS man!!! But if you keep playing at the level you’ve been playing at, you can just stay on the bus for the games. I hope this makes you SO mad and you just start terrorizing people.

COACH COLLINS: I’ll tell you like I told Coach Stokes. I’m NOT a Coach, and don’t wanna be. I know it’s probably a task trying to recruit when guys can’t compete for a championship, BUT, our problem is NOT lack of athletes! We have some ballers! But we’re not AGGRESSIVE! No mean streak! An ineffective press defense. How often do they have one of those Hoosier’s practices? 3 hours with no basketball and 1 water break; at the END of practice! We suck at free throws!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! How many leads have we let slip away or games we’ve lost due to ineffective play from the free throw line? For this I blame coaching.

I do agree with you BLANKING on Tuck from time to time though. He needs it. Makes him tougher. Tuck is prideful, so whenever you spazz on him in front of the crowd, it makes him play MUCH better when he gets back in the game!

Please leave your comments. Agree? Disagree? What do YOU think couold help WSSU basketball?

Chuuch, oh yeah, GO HEELS!!!

1 comment:

  1. B Daht,

    I feel like you were speaking the truth and if they can't hack it they need to grow up and be men. They are in the spot light and the only way to let them know how to excel is to give it to them straight with not sugar coating. So keep telling the truth! To the basketball team as a Raging Ram I love watching ya'll and seeing you score and play with your hearts but booboos we gotta win games too! Keep ya heads up and play hard.

    ReplyDelete