Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SCOREDATE-01142009

What the business is? I'm feeling like today's entry will be that of a shorter version.

Why?

I'm tired. After watching Traitor, starring Don Cheadle, with Carla and Zay (and yes he watched it JUST as intensely as we did, as if he knew EVERYTHING that was happening)I was up until after midnight, at the station: working on funny, editing the phone call with my homie Harvey Hale, of Wake Forest, so the people could hear it this morning (see, that was free! somebody reading this thought we were LIVE this morning.)

Had to be up this morning. Work by 5:30am. Didn't make it. 6. Yes!

And see, morning radio isn't like other jobs.
If I had to be at Wal Mart to work a shift by 5:30am, from 5:30am-6am I figure I'll be yawning, and really getting acclimated to the day.

Not in Morning Radio.
No one's wanting to turn on their radio and hear ME yawning for thirty minutes! As soon as the people cut they box on, or get in their car, or log on to www.102jamz.com (cheap plug. AND?) they expect Daht to be Mr. Funny. Period. And I LOVE the demand, but more importantly, I DELIVER.

Anyways, as Delyte says, "I digress"..

I work my shift. Had the worst spelling be contestant in 2009. Got some news about Ushers wife taking Eric Snows wife's spot on Desperate Atlanta Housewives (and YES, I know what the name of the show is! I can put "desperate" if I want! It's MY BLOG!) played a fun game of Liar Liar: can you believe a woman was so big she had to get an MRI in the zoo? She was too big for the hospital! IT'S TRUE!! Look it up!. I introduced "Haqckeem" to the people; my confused accented, Pakistani, Habibi, Abu from the Simpsons Character. Dropped the Harvey Hale interview where he told us that Tyrese Rice of Boston College talks MORE trash than any other ACC player.

Interesting show!

Get off the air, where many people think my day ends; actually it just really begins. Have a meeting with the boss. Trying to decide how to tackle the inauguration on Tuesday, on the air. Do we want special guests? Do we want to go to DC? If so where to stay? Do we go live or do check-ins? Do we want listeners to come watch it with us?

After that, it's time to make some phone calls. Gotta record commercials. Gotta records drops to be played throughout the day, in our absence. Before I know it, I look up, and it's noon-thirty. Finally, time to go.

Get home. Talk to one of my brothers who's going through; who ISN'T these days. Daht's take on relationships in a blog coming soon!! Then I realize I haven't even posted today's blog.

So here I am. What's next?

A nap. Then it's off to basketball practice with the Lil Gig Guy. Then we gotta get shape-ups. Then it's off to our very first Father-Son Casting Call. Gotta read for some stuff, and he's gotta model for some folks. I don't know what it is. SOMETHING my manager GC has put together. Then I wanted to make a trip past my brother Horton spot tonight to check out Wake smashing BC. Don't know how realistic THAT is.

But it appears I'll be getting in the bed around midnight again tonight. What a revolving door.

So maybe tomorrow I'll talk about Jodie Meeks dropping 54 on Tennessee, or Shaqovic (as the Big Aristotle now likes to refer to himself) dropping 26 and 10 looking like the Shaq of old. I might even share with you my views on how they're doing my man, Sir Charles. Stripping him of his endorsements?

They act like he sodomized a white hotel receptionist or fought dogs!

Maybe I'll talk about that stuff tomorrow; you just gotta come back ad see.

Chuuch

4 comments:

  1. This is great! I enjoy reading your blogs DAILY! Thanks for making it easy for those sport challenged fans to follow along with their FAVORITE MR. FUNNY! Keep up the remarkable work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang Rail, what a hell of a day.

    U shoulda made time in there to take a load off and visit:

    www.100Stax.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one hard working man....kinda like another man I know that barely gets ANY sleep. How did you like that movie? I thought it was pretty interesting and Don Cheadle is one of my favorite actors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where's the post for 01152009?? I'm addicted to these things!!!

    ReplyDelete